Ongoing Covid-19 Response and Support
September 1st 2020
We have transitioned our face to face courses for 2020 into live, interactive webinars, and added new courses and resources to support our members and delegates as they have had to adapt their own practice to fit with social distancing guidelines. Please find below some of the ways we are trying to support our colleagues:
- As mentioned above, we have adapted our usual face to face Access Arrangements Training courses to offer comprehensive and flexible options for Autumn 2020 which are available now covering the JCQ 2020/21 regulations. Please visit http://www.communicate-ed.org.uk/update to view these options and pick which one works best for you.
- We have deleveloped a new course called Assessing for Access Arrangements Via a Video Link, which offers guidance for carrying out assessments for access arrangements over a live video call, where this is necessary. Practical considerations are considered, pros and cons of this method are explored, links to further advice from publishers and other bodies are provided. Information about which awarding bodies and publishers have approved this process is available in course handouts.
- We ran two different webinars in aid of NHS workers and Links International, supporting Covid-19 response both in the UK and Africa
- We are continuing to compile resources and updates about remote assessment and dealing with access arrangements for the new 2020/21 exams schedule for our annual members, including a comprehensive instruction video for filling in the new Form 8. Annual membership is £15, with membership free for the first year when you sign up here.
- With the exam schedule so uncertain for this next academic year, we are now offering the option to book unlimited access to our Training for Invigilators in Examinations and Training Readers, Scribes, Invigilators and other Adult Helpers in Examinations until 31st July 2021. This represents great value and offers a hassle-free way to meet all the exam-helper training requirements. To take advantage of this, visit any of the course pages below and select the unlimited access option.
- Training for Invigilators in Examinations
- Training Readers, Scribes, Invigilators and other Adult Helpers in Examinations
- Access to both the above courses
We hope you stay well this term, and please do get in touch with us (admin at communicate-ed dot org dot uk) if there are other ways in which we can support you.